Land Registration (Scotland) Bill
The Bill was introduced to Scottish Parliament on 1 December 2011 and seeks to reform and restate the law on registration in the land register. This includes closing the Register of Sasines, as well as enabling the registration of electronic documents.
In a series of evidence-taking sessions, the committee heard from a range of organisations about the need to reform the law on land registration as it currently stands.
The stage one debate is expected to take place March 2012, with stage two expected to begin by early May 2012.
Customer Services Contacts
- Opening Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 8.30-16.00 Wed: 10.00-16.00
- Edinburgh Tel: 0845 607 0161
- Edinburgh Fax: 0131 200 3932
- Glasgow Tel: 0845 607 0164
- Glasgow Fax: 0141 306 1721
- Email: email@example.com