Land Mass Coverage Report
The Geographic Information Systems team produce an annual Land Mass Coverage (LMC) Report. The report provides a snapshot of statistical information regarding the amount (or the area) of Scotland covered by the Land Register in each registration county. It is the primary source of information on Land Register coverage and reports have been produced annually since 2005. This year’s report provides information on the growth of the register; a reference point for measuring registration progress and statistics for internal departments to aid policy development.
The report can be found at the following location.
The key statistics presented this year are:
- Land Mass Coverage has increased from 21.18% to 23.33% in the period June 2011 to May 2012.
- A total of 1721km2 was added to the Land Register in 2011 - 2012.
- The rate of increase for this year is the largest since 2007-2008. The increase is due to a small number of registrations covering large areas of land. The titles for these areas included several large farms and estates, forests and windfarms.
- Land Register Coverage is expected to reach 25% by end 2012.
- Title Coverage at the end of May now stands at 56.03%, up from 54.99% at the same point last year. At the present rate of growth it will be 40 years before we reach 80% title coverage.