Official Quarterly Housing Market Statistics
Here you will find the latest official quarterly report on house price statistics in Scotland as well as links to previous quarterly house price reports.
Our quarterly house price figures are classified as official statistics. These statistics are produced in accordance with the Code of Practice for official statistics. The Code of Practice requires the statistics to be produced, managed and disseminated to high professional standards.
RoS is the only organisation that holds the full picture on what’s happening in the property market as we register every sale and property transfer in Scotland.
You can view an overview of the latest quarterly house price figures in the statistical news release, or to obtain the full report including local authority figures by house type, please click on the quarterly statistical report below. Guidance notes on the compilation of the figures are available.
Official Quarterly House Price Statistical Report - Publication Timetable
- 4th Quarter 2009/2010 (January-March) – 4 May 2010
- 1st Quarter 2010/2011 (April-June) – 3 August 2010
- 2nd Quarter 2010/2011 (July-September) – 2 November 2010
- 3rd Quarter 2010/2011 (October-December) – 1 February 2011
- 4th Quarter 2010/2011 (January-March) – 3 May 2011
- 1st Quarter 2011/2012 (April - June) – 2 August 2011
- 2nd Quarter 2011/2012 (July-September) – 1 November 2011
- 3rd Quarter 2011/2012 (October-December) – 31 January 2012*
- 4th Quarter 2011/2012 (January-March) – 1 May 2012
- 1st Quarter 2012/2013 (April - June) – 31 July 2012
- 2nd Quarter 2012/2013 (July-September) – November 2012
* Statistical Release Map C amended 3/2/12
A time series dataset from the 1st Quarter 2003/2004 to the latest quarter published for mean average price, median average price, volume of sales and market value in Excel format is available at: Quarterly Statistics Time Series
If you would like more information, please contact the Business Development team by email: email@example.com or tel: 0131 528 3701