Social media house rules
What we share and on what channels, plus guidance on how to interact with us online.
We are active on the following platforms where we share updates about Scotland’s house prices, our services, system availability, latest projects and behind-the-scenes blogs:
Follows, likes, shares and/or retweets of third-party content on our social media accounts does not imply endorsement of any kind by the Registers of Scotland.
We actively manage our social media accounts from Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm. We cannot accept responsibility for downtime to the third-party services our accounts are held on (for example twitter.com, linkedin.com).
We read all replies and direct messages and will respond to relevant queries as swiftly as we can. However, where personal information is required to progress an enquiry, we will direct you to our contact form which allows you to communicate directly with our customer services team.
Our social media accounts are supplied by third-party sites; please be aware of their terms and conditions before using their services.
Interactions and direct messages
We aim to encourage constructive conversation on our social media accounts and will respond to any relevant commentary. We also read all our direct messages and are committed to answering queries in a timely and helpful manner.
Due to the limitations of social media, we recommend that you contact us with official correspondence via our website.
By interacting with us on social media you agree to the below policy. We reserve the right to block, remove and/or report comments or users who do not follow our house rules:
- You will not post offensive, abusive, profane or indecent content or link to this type of content elsewhere
- If you wish to complain, you must follow our complaints procedure
- You will not engage with us in order to promote commercial services
- We are unable to offer legal advice
- We will not give political opinions or comment on government policy as we are bound by the Civil Service Code
- We moderate all comments submitted on our blog. If a comment does not comply with our discussion policy, it won’t be published.
Freedom of information (FOI)
If you contact us via our social media channels with a FOI request, we will direct you to this page which contains further information and contact details.