Due to essential IT enhancements, all of Registers of Scotland's online and digital services will be unavailable from:
5pm on Friday 4 December until 7.00am on Monday 7 December
This downtime will allow us to make some major upgrades to the infrastructure that underlies our IT systems as part of our digital transformation programme. This includes:
- creating a super-fast (10GB fibre) network between our Glasgow and Edinburgh offices, as well as our new data centre premises in Saughton House, Edinburgh
- installing leading edge servers that will provide more resilience and availability than ever before, as well as giving us huge flexibility in delivering our digital projects
- decommissioning a large amount of aging kit
- installing new uninterrupted power supplies that protect us from power surges and losses
- creating virtual workspaces
- lowering power usage, which will have a significant positive impact on our commitment to protecting the environment
We have significantly reduced the number of weekends in which we have had to take systems down in the last six months, and these new enhancements will enable us to continue this trend.
We appreciate your support.
Registers of Scotland