Registers of Scotland UK HPI publication accreditation.
There are so many confusing, and often conflicting, news stories out there about house prices that it is difficult to know what to believe or where to go for reliable, official information. However, the designation today of the UK House Price Index (UK HPI) as a National Statistic by the Office for Statistics Regulation, offers one solution to sourcing reliable property data.
The accreditation indicates that the Index has been independently assessed and meets the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and value as defined in the Code of Practice for Statistics.
The UK HPI is a comprehensive publication covering the whole of the UK. It is produced through a dynamic partnership between Registers of Scotland, the Office for National Statistics, HM Land Registry and Land & Property Services Northern Ireland. It was first launched in June 2016, following extensive user engagement and review of accepted international standards for high-quality house price indices by the UK HPI working group.
Our monthly House Price Index (HPI) statistics, due to be published tomorrow (Wednesday 19 September) are the first that will be published under the National Statistics badge.
RoS’ Business Development and Information Director Kenny Crawford commented:
“We are incredibly proud of the recognition that our statistics have received through this accreditation. Our data already provided the principle authoritative overview of the Scottish properly market, but accreditation provides an additional seal of quality and assurance.”
This recognition of the UK HPI comes as a result of extensive work by the UK HPI working group, involving widespread user engagement, reviewing and revising the content and presentation of the UK HPI and developing a plan of ongoing engagement and review.
- Registers of Scotland is the government department responsible for compiling and maintaining registers relating to property and other legal documents in Scotland. Registers of Scotland records and safeguards the rights of the individual while providing open access to information on the registers.
- Accreditation indicates that the Index has been independently assessed and meets the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and value as defined in the Code of Practice for Statistics.
- The UK HPI is published on the second or third Wednesday of each month with Northern Ireland figures updated quarterly. See the calendar of release dates.
- Registers of Scotland also produces a range of Scottish data services and statistics, including our calendar year and property market reports, all available from our website, and we are always happy to discuss requirements with customers.
- For further information, please telephone Jacq Kelly on 07825 388 120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us at: Communications, Registers of Scotland, Meadowbank House, 153 London Road, Edinburgh, EH8 7AU.
- Follow us on Twitter @RegistersOfScot, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Sign up to our mailing list