This section shows UK owner addresses by urban rural classification
The urban rural classification is Scottish Government Urban Rural (SG UR) 2-fold 2016. You can read background information for urban rural classification for details on how this analysis is conducted.
The chart shows for titles with an owner address outwith the UK:
- 66% were in urban areas of Scotland
- 34% were in rural areas of Scotland
- In terms of land area, urban areas account for 2.2% of Scotland and rural areas account for 97.8%. In terms of population, urban areas account for 83% and rural areas account for 17%
- The urban rural split for all property sales in Scotland in 2020-21 was 81% urban and 19% rural
Percentage of titles with owner address outwith UK by 2-fold urban rural classification as at 31 December 2021
The chart shows the percentage split by urban rural classification for:
- titles with UK owner address outwith Scotland in each local authority
- the land area in each local authority
It shows that the focus of UK titles outwith Scotland is in urban areas.
Percentage of titles with owner address outwith UK and percentage of land area by local authority and urban rural classification as at 31 December 2021