This section shows UK owner addresses by urban rural classification
See background information for urban rural classification for details on how this analysis is conducted.
The chart shows that for titles with a UK owner address outwith Scotland:
- 65% were in urban areas of Scotland
- 35% were in rural areas of Scotland
- in terms of land area, urban areas account for 2.2% of Scotland and rural areas account for 97.8%
- in terms of population, urban areas account for 83% and rural areas account for 17%
- the urban rural split for all property sales in Scotland in 2021-22 as 84% urban and 16% rural
You can read more information about the Scottish Government urban rural classification and read more information about the urban rural split in our property market report 2021-2022.
Percentage of titles with owner address outwith UK by 2-fold urban rural classification as at 31 December 2022
Around two thirds of titles with a UK owner address outwith Scotland were in urban areas of Scotland (online table 14)
The chart shows the urban and rural split of titles with UK owner address outwith Scotland in each local authority and the urban rural split of the land mass of these titles in each local authority. It demonstrates that the focus of UK titles outwith Scotland is in urban areas.
Online table 17 gives a breakdown of land area by 2-fold urban rural classification and local authority.
Percentage of titles with owner address outwith UK and percentage of land area by local authority and urban rural classification as at 31 December 2022