Reduce the risk of rejections for applications over unregistered plots.
Following discussions with the legal profession, we're pleased to offer a first registration checking service. This new service checks an application for a deed over an unregistered plot before it's submitted for registration, reducing the risk of rejection.
Our application checking service:
- checks your application documentation against our registration criteria
- reduces the risk that your application will be rejected at any part of the registration process
This service is for anyone about to submit an application over an unregistered plot only. It's not suitable for applications involving dual registration, automatic plot registration or voluntary registration.
What are the key benefits?
Our application checking service gives you:
- added confidence that your application won't be rejected
- in the result of a clear check, we'll retain your application and enter it onto the application record
- all your related applications are checked at no additional cost, for example a disposition and standard security
This service checks that the following registration criteria have been met:
- the deed induces first registration
- the deed is signed
- the information in the deed matches information in the application form
- the extent deed has been submitted
- the deed for registration is ex facie valid and the execution is self-evidencing
- whether or not the subjects fall within a research area and, if not, the burdens writs not on the keeper's common deeds index have been submitted
- the burdens question has been answered in line with the information contained in the deed
- the servitudes question has been answered in line with information contained in the deed
- the fee is correct
Our application checking service costs £50 (plus VAT). Post-payment applies.
If you have any questions relating to the application checking service, please contact:
Telephone: 0131 528 3764
When you use the application checking service, note that:
- a request form (see below) must be submitted with the application
- requests will only be accepted if the registration application form has been completed using RoS eforms
- requests will only be accepted if payment for the registration application is to be processed using a direct debit (e-payment) FAS number
- a post payment FAS number must be supplied for the application checking service for invoicing purposes
- LBTT return must have been completed online i.e. no paper LBTT returns or cheques for Revenue Scotland can accompany a request for the application checking service
- for the avoidance of doubt, the service does not include checking that any plan or bounding description is suitable or sufficient for registration purposes, or that any Land and Building Transaction Tax properly due has been paid
- not suitable for applications involving dual registration, automatic plot registration or voluntary registration
- terms and conditions apply