FOI release: Cost and benefit of producing an annual Gender Pay Gap reportPublished: 13 April 2022
Freedom of information class: What we spend and how
Information request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA)
Freedom of Information (FOI) reference: CW-2022-131
Date received: 31 March 2022
Date responded: 11 April 2022
Information on the cost of producing an annual gender pay gap report for the periods of 2019-2020; 2020-2021, 2021-2022. Specifically:
- the cost of producing each gender pay gap report, including a breakdown of the cost such as the number of Full-Time Equivalent staff working on the report. This should cover the full process of producing the report including research, drafting, proof-reading, communications etc.
- any internal assessments of the costs and benefits of producing the report
The production of this statutory report falls under the business-as-usual activities of our Human Resources and Organisational Development (HROD) team, following the below process.
- run report on business objects
- prepare calculation sheet
- sort into quartiles
- sort into gender split
- prepare calculation
- prepare Gender Pay Gap (GPG) report
- circulate GPG report to HROD managers
- upload details onto gender equality office
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance Registers of Scotland does not have the information you have requested as no formal assessment of the cost and benefits of its production has ever been undertaken.
Find out more
If you have a question or query about FOI requests, you can email the information governance team at: FOI.Requests@ros.gov.uk.