You can order copies of deeds from our registers.
Self-serve copy deeds for business customers
If you have a ScotLIS Business account you can now self-serve Sasine and Register of Deeds copy deeds. You can read more information about self-serve Sasine copy deeds.
You can order individual deeds which are referenced in:
- a property's title sheet if registered in the land register
- a property's search sheet if registered in the sasine register
Not all deeds are registered with us and some are held at the National Records of Scotland.
You can also order deeds that have been registered with us in the Register of Deeds for safe keeping such as:
- minutes of agreement
Find out how you can order a copy of a will.
Granter and grantee
Our deed request form will ask you to provide the names of the granter and grantee.
If you're selling your property you would be the granter of the deed. The person buying your property would be the grantee.
If you are looking for a Will then the granter is the person who made the Will.
Another common example would be a mortgage over your property. In this case you would be the granter and the bank would be the grantee.
For the sasine register, the granter and grantee along with a date of recording are the minimum requirements for the copy deeds service.
For a land registered deed, we require the title number, granter and grantee along with the date of registration.
If you do not hold this information a search will be required. This will be at an enhanced fee of £30 plus VAT.
Land register deeds
To order an individual deed from the land register:
Sasine register deeds
To order an individual deed from the sasine register:
- Check if the property or land is on the land register
- Fill out deed request form
- If you have a ScotLIS Business account you can now self-serve Sasine copy deeds
Register of Deeds
For documents on the Registers of Deeds you'll need the document type as well as the granter and grantee name.
If you don't know the date of recording, we will use the information provided to search the register for you.
We charge £25 + VAT to carry out a search and provide you with the results.
You can order any document from these results for an additional fee.
If the deed you're looking for has not been registered, we will send confirmation of this via a printout from the register for a fee of £25 + VAT.
- Fill out a deed request form
- If you have a ScotLis Business account you can now self-serve RoD copy deeds
Extracts and certified copies
If you need a copy of a title sheet or deed for court purposes you will need an extract or certified copy.
Extracts and certified copies carry the evidential status necessary for court purposes:
- you can order an extract of a registered deed
- you can order a certified copy of a deed undergoing registration
Extracts for the Register of Deeds and certified copies are currently sent by post. Extracts for both the Land Register of Scotland and the General Register of Sasines are issued as electronic documents.
You can order an extract on the deed request form.
If you need any further assistance, or to advise if a digital extract is not suitable for your purposes, then please contact the customer services team.
If you have a business user login, you can search the sasine register and the Register of Deeds.
Deeds held at National Records of Scotland
The following documents are held at the National Records of Scotland (NRS) only.
- Sasine – extracts of deeds prior to 1 September 2006
- Burgh, Particular and General Registers - extracts and plain copy deeds of any dates
- Books of Council & Session – extracts and plain copy deeds dated prior to 1 September 2006
- Register of Inhibitions – plain copy and certified copy deeds dated prior to 1 October 2006
- Duplicate Plans
Registers of Scotland do not have access to these images.
Orders for any deeds which fall into these categories must be ordered directly with the NRS.
You should contact NRS directly if you have any questions or would like an update on the progress of an order you already have with them.
|Document||Plain copy||Extract / Certified copy|
|Individual deed||£25 + VAT||£35 + VAT|