FOI release: Rectification FiguresPublished: 18 February 2022
Freedom of information class: How we're performing
Information request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA)
Freedom of Information (FOI) reference: CW-2022-017
Date received:17 January 2022
Clarified: 26 January 2022
Date responded: 17 February 2022
You asked for information about rectification figures and clarified you were content to receive this information between 2017 and 2021.
1) How many rectification requests
- were received by RoS between 2015 and 2021
- resulted in a rectification of the register?
2) How many rectifications were as a result of:
- inaccuracy in the title sheet and
- inaccuracy in the cadastral map, within the meaning of section 65 of the 2012 Act?
3) Rectifications as a result of an inaccuracy in the cadastral map broken down by county?
4) Can manifest inaccuracies be broken down by those that were brought to the keeper’s attention:
- whilst registering a deed
- by letter or email from a searcher?
5) If possible, and known, how many of these rectifications have occurred in areas where the use of the OS survey scale has been:
Some of the data requested is only available from 2017 onwards. The reason for this is a new system is used for recording these figures. The data from 2017 onwards is broken down in such a way that we can provide the level of detail you are requesting. Data on rectifications pre-2017 is not categorised in a manner that would allow us to provide a breakdown of figures in the same way.
| Inaccuracies found|
| Cadastral map|
Read more about the Land Register counties.
4) We do not hold this information. This is because we do not record how an inaccuracy came to the Keeper’s attention.
5) We do not hold this information. This is because we do not detail the OS survey scale used in our recording of any rectification of the register. Section 65(3) of the Land Registration Etc (Scotland) Act 2012 provides that the cadastral map is not to be considered inaccurate in so far as it does not depict something correctly be reason only of inexactness in the base map which is within the published tolerances relevant to the scale involved.
Find out more
Read more about our FOI releases.
If you have a question or query about FOI requests, you can email the information governance team at:FOI.Requests@ros.gov.uk.