FOI release : RoS Pay Offer 2022-23Published: 08 November 2022
Freedom of information class: What we spend and how
Information request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA)
DocumentsRoS Pay Offer 2022-23 - (231.3 KB)
FOI reference : CW-2022-396
Date received: 20/10/2022
Date responded: 07/11/2022
1. Please state the effective date (day and month) of your organisation’s 2022 pay review.
2. If the 2022 pay review has yet to be finalised please state the month in which you anticipate it will be concluded.
3. Please state the employee group/s covered by the 2022 pay review.
4. Please state the total number of employees covered by the 2022 pay review.
5. Please provide a copy of your 2022 pay agreement (if applicable) or generic pay circular sent to employees (that is one that does not identify any individual employee) outlining the outcome of the latest pay review if there are no collective negotiations.
6. Please state the % consolidated basic pay rise received by the lowest-paid adult employee as a result of the 2022 pay review excluding the effect of any incremental progression, merit pay or bonuses.
7. If an employee’s annual pay award is determined solely according to an assessment of their individual performance (commonly known as a merit increase) as opposed to an across-the-board pay rise (where all employees generally receive the same increase irrespective of their individual performance) please state the percentage of the paybill allocated to fund these awards, the average increase and whether or not the awards are consolidated.
8. If any employees were eligible for one-off individual performance-related payments or bonuses over and above the general pay rise please state the range of awards (either as a percentage of their base salary or a cash amount as applicable) and the overall % of the paybill allocated to fund them.
9. Please state the overall paybill increase as a result of the latest pay review expressed as a percentage of the paybill.
10. Please state the name of the union/unions party to your main collective agreement covering pay and conditions if there are collective negotiations.
11. Please provide the name and contact details of the person/s responsible for overseeing your organisation’s annual pay review.
1. The effective date of our 2022 pay review was 1 April 2022.
2. Our pay review was concluded and implemented October 2022.
3. All permanent and fixed term employees in our AA to C3 grade bands are covered by the 2022 pay review.
4. The total number of employees covered by the 2022 pay review is 1181.
5. I enclose a copy of the information you requested. ‘RoS Pay Offer 2022-23’ includes a copy of the staff notice.
6. The lowest-paid adult employees received a 5.4% consolidated basic pay rise.
7. No employee’s annual pay award is determined by an assessment of their individual performance.
8. No employees were eligible for one-off individual performance-related payments or bonuses over and above the general pay rise.
9. The overall paybill increase was 5.2%
10. The name of the union is Public & Commercial Services (PCS) Union.
11. Third party personal data is exempt under Section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA. This exemption applies because the release of this information would contravene the lawfulness, fairness and transparency principle of data protection legislation. I can confirm that the person responsible for overseeing the pay review is the Head of People and Change.