Moderation policyPublished: 27 October 2021
Freedom of information class: How we manage our resources
Learn more about the moderation policy for comments on the RoS blog and RoS social media channels.
Purpose and scope
- This policy sets out house rules when commenting on RoS blog (insideros.blog) and RoS social media channels.
- This policy applies to all colleagues and external stakeholders.
- This policy is supported by the social media guidelines.
- The principles of the policy are to facilitate platforms for discussion and to share information, and ensure transparency, which is relevant to our stakeholders.
- RoS is committed to providing platforms for discussion and to share information which is relevant to our stakeholders.
- RoS will do this by providing external channels and encouraging commentary on blog and social media posts.
- RoS moderates all blog comments in advance of publication to ensure compliance with the group rules and guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities
- PPG is responsible for the approval and review of this policy, with the content owned by the Head of Corporate Communications. Communications are responsible for ensuring its implementation in practice and for monitoring this over time. They are responsible for ensuring that appropriate procedures, guidelines or standards as are required to support this are maintained and ownership for these assigned appropriately.
- Members of the social media team, with the Communications and Marketing department will review all blog comments in advance of publication to ensure adherence to the moderation guidelines outlined.
- This policy applies to all colleagues, stakeholders, and members of the public wishing to comment on our external channels.
Approval and review
- This policy will be reviewed and approved by PPG on a biennial basis unless earlier review is appropriate.