Our plans reports disclose potential issues that would invoke rejection when a plan or description is submitted as part of an application for registration.
The decision on whether to request a level 1, 2 or 3 plans report is dependent upon the quantity of information you wish to receive. This decision is not mutually exclusive to any particular type of application (eg first registration or transfer of part) as the information in each level of report is equally applicable to all application types.
Please note if a request for a level 3 plans report could be considered complex, e.g. over 25 hectares or an arbitrary shape not following OS features, then digital data will be required to complete the request. Digital data should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your request number. For maximum efficiency digital data should be provided at the point of submission of your request. If submission of digital data is not possible, it may be necessary to complete the report as a level 1.
If your report includes servitude or ancillary areas, we'll complete a level 1 report for these. We'll confirm if the plan is suitable for registration and note any registered cadastral units that affect in part 5 of the report.
Please note the report won't comment on verbally described servitudes; it's the responsibility of the submitting parties to ensure these meet registration requirements.
Please see The Journal article 'Plans reports: an evolving scene' for more information.
PRR06 - level 1: competition report
Fee: £35 + VAT
- confirms whether or not the submitted plan or description meets the keeper's requirements for registration, ie whether the plan/s or description/s adhere to the keeper's deed plan criteria
- provides a list of any cadastral units which conflict with the subjects of the report
- provides a list of cadastral units with relevant non-conflicting information from the cadastral map that affects the subjects of the report, such as rights of access and burdens
PRR04 – level 2: comparison with the ordnance map
Fee: £45 + VAT
- provides all the information of a level 1 report
- advises whether or not the extent of the subjects of the report corresponds with the relevant features as defined on the current version of the Ordnance Map held by the keeper, and provides an illustrated extract showing any discrepancies
PRR05 – level 3: comparison with the ordnance map and the cadastral map
Fee: £55 + VAT
- provides all the information of a level 1 and level 2 report
- discloses conflicts with existing cadastral units, including an illustrative print showing the extent of the competition
- discloses registered shared areas which affect the subjects and provides an illustrative print identifying the affected extent
- discloses relevant non-conflicting information from the cadastral map that affects the subjects of the report, such as rights of access and burdens
PRR07 – plans continuation report
Fee: No fee
The plans continuation report provides an update of any of the previously mentioned plans reports. It's available for a period of six months from the date of the original report. Only one continuation request can be made in respect of each previously issued plans report.