We are pleased to announce that we will resume publication of the UK HPI on Wednesday 19 August when we’ll publish the April 2020 index.
Publication of the UK HPI was suspended in May 2020 following issues caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This temporary suspension followed the reduction in housing transactions due to government measures to control the spread of coronavirus, including advice to delay moving home wherever possible. As a result, it was not possible to produce a meaningful measure of UK house prices that would be representative of any true transaction activity within the housing market.
The revised publication schedule will be as below until Wednesday 21 October, 2020 when it reverts to its normal monthly cadence.
We will make a further announcement if this provisional schedule is subject to change.
|UK House Price Index||Publication date|
|April 2020||19 August|
|May 2020 (provisional date)||2 September|
|June 2020||16 September|
|July 2020 (provisional date)||7 October|
|August 2020||21 October|
Notes to editors
- Registers of Scotland (RoS) is the public body responsible for compiling and maintaining registers relating to property and other legal documents in Scotland. RoS records and safeguards the rights of the individual while providing open access to information on the registers.
- The UK HPI is an official statistics publication for Scotland. The statistics have been produced in line with the principles set out in the Code of Practice for Statistics.
- Registers of Scotland provides data on residential property sales for the Scotland element of the UK House Price Index. Separate HPI releases are also published by HM Land Registry and Land & Property Services Northern Ireland, which focus on the figures for England and Wales and for Northern Ireland. The Office for National Statistics also publishes a monthly HPI statistical bulletin with commentary on the whole of the UK.
- The property statistics are compiled using data collected as part of the land registration process. This data is comprehensive, covering transactions across the whole of Scotland for all types of residential property, and with actual sale prices, not just valuations.
- Details of all of our property statistics releases and future publication dates are available on our website. A comparison guide comparing the different house price index measures that are published in the UK is also available.
- Information on individual property purchase prices is available for free via our ScotLIS service.
- Sign up for our data stats alert service.