Our house price statistics include all residential sales in Scotland between £20,000 and £1,000,000, and are based on date of registration.
They are produced in line with the Code of Practice for Statistics.
These statistics come from the land register. They date back to April 2003, when the last of Scotland's counties joined the land register.
In Summer 2019, we ran a user feedback survey on the data and statistics we publish.
In particular, you should note the change to the calendar year residential market review below.
Our statistics show the average price, volume of sales and market value for residential property in Scotland. The statistics are available from April 2003 to the most recent month.
We have stopped publishing PDF versions of the monthly property data. The information contained in these PDFs is still available in the monthly statistics time series spreadsheet.
- monthly house price statistics - November 2019 (xlsx, 4.76MB)
- local authority residential property data 2018 (pdf, 631KB)
- local authority residential property data 2017 (pdf, 560KB)
- local authority residential property data 2016 (pdf, 560KB)
- local authority residential property data 2015 (pdf, 548KB)
Upcoming release dates
Our monthly statistics are published on the first working day of the month.
Our quarterly statistics cover financial quarters from the first quarter of 2003-04 to the most recent quarter.
We have stopped publishing PDF versions of the quarterly property data. The information contained in these PDFs has been added to the quarterly statistics time series spreadsheet.
- quarter 2: July - September 2019 (xlsx, 1073KB)
The data shows:
- latest quarter summary
- the average price
- volume of sales
- market value
- the median price
- average price, volumes and market value by house type
- residential sales volumes by price bracket
Upcoming release dates
Our quarterly statistics are published at 9.30am on the first working day in the second month after quarter end.
|Data for||Publication date|
|October - December 2019 (2019-20 quarter 3)||3 February 2020|
|January - March 2020 (2019-20 quarter 4)||1 May 2020|
Following consultation with users, the calendar year residential market review will no longer be published as a PDF publication.
Calendar year information will continue to be published as spreadsheet tables in our quarterly statistics.
The first set of calendar year tables will be published on 3 February 2020 when the October to December 2019 (2019-20 quarter 3) quarterly statistics are published.
- calendar year residential market review: 2018 (pdf, 322KB)
- calendar year residential market review: 2018 - tables (xls, 182KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2017 (pdf, 398KB)
- calendar year residential market review: 2017 - tables (xls, 144KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2016 (pdf, 189KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2015 (pdf, 246KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2014 (pdf, 140KB)
The property market report is published annually. It looks back at the Scottish property market since 2003-04.
We are seeking feedback on our property data and statistics from users to help us improve our work. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments.