Our house price statistics include all residential sales in Scotland between £20,000 and £1,000,000, and are based on date of registration.
They are produced in line with the Code of Practice for Statistics.
These statistics come from the land register. They date back to April 2003, when the last of Scotland's counties joined the land register.
Please note, we are currently reviewing these statistics, please let us know if you make use of them by emailing Rachael.Fairley@ros.gov.uk
- Quarter 2: July 2022 to September 2022 XLSX, 1758.05 KB
The data shows:
- calendar year statistics
- latest quarter summary
- the average price
- volume of sales
- market value
- the median price
- average price, volumes and market value by house type
- residential sales volumes by price bracket
Upcoming release dates
Our quarterly statistics are published at 9.30am on the first working day in the second month after quarter end.
|Data for||Publication date|
|October 2022 – December 2022 (2022-23 quarter 1)|
1st February 2023
We publish small area statistics on the Scottish Government’s open data platform.
These statistics include all residential sales in Scotland between £20,000 and £1,000,000, and are based on date of registration.
Areas with less than 5 sales have the number and value of sales suppressed to help minimise the risk of data disclosure and to ensure that any averages presented are based on at least 5 records.
This dataset includes information on Residential Property transactions by the following geographies and statistics:
- Scotland (Country)
- Local Authority
- Health Board
- Electoral Ward
- Scottish Parliamentary Constituencies
- 2011 Intermediate Data Zone
- 2011 Data Zone
- Number of sales
- Price – Mean
- Price – Median
- Price – Lower Quartile
- Price – Upper Quartile
This data was extracted at a point in time (19th August 2021) and will not be revised. An additional year’s data will be added on an annual basis in the following April.
For the most up to date Scotland and Local Authority data please see our monthly statistics above.
If you need help to navigate the pen data platform please see the help section.
The property market report is published annually. It looks back at the Scottish property market since 2003-04.
- 2020-21 - report (PDF, 5382.64 KB)/ data tables (XLSX, 481.45 KB)
- 2019-2020 - report (pdf, 6.1MB / data tables (xls, 461KB)
- 2018-2019 - report (pdf, 5MB) / data tables (xls, 673KB)
- 2017-2018 - report (pdf, 660KB) / data tables (xlsx, 817KB)
- 2007-2017 (pdf, 660KB)
- 2006-2016 (pdf, 1.6MB)
- 2005-2015 (pdf, 1.8MB)
These statistics are not included in our regular releases.
Following consultation with users, the calendar year residential market review will no longer be published as a PDF publication.
Calendar year information will continue to be published as spreadsheet tables in our quarterly statistics.
The first set of calendar year tables will be published on 3 February 2020 when the October to December 2019 (2019-20 quarter 3) quarterly statistics are published.
- calendar year residential market review: 2018 (pdf, 322KB)
- calendar year residential market review: 2018 - tables (xls, 182KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2017 (pdf, 398KB)
- calendar year residential market review: 2017 - tables (xls, 144KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2016 (pdf, 189KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2015 (pdf, 246KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2014 (pdf, 140KB)
Feedback on our data and statistics
We are seeking feedback on our data and statistics from users to help us improve our work. The Scottish Government have set up a survey for users of Scottish official statistics to provide feedback and suggestions on statistics products.
User feedback survey
In Summer 2019, we ran a user feedback survey on the data and statistics we publish.
We are seeking feedback on our property data and statistics from users to help us improve our work. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments.