Our house price statistics include all residential sales in Scotland between £20,000 and £1,000,000, and are based on date of registration.
They are produced in line with the Code of Practice for Statistics.
These statistics come from the land register. They date back to April 2003, when the last of Scotland's counties joined the land register.
- monthly house price statistics - December 2020 (xlsx, 837KB)
Upcoming release dates
Our monthly statistics are published on the first working day of the month.
- Quarter 3: October to December 2020 (xlsx, 1,557KB)
The data shows:
- calendar year statistics
- latest quarter summary
- the average price
- volume of sales
- market value
- the median price
- average price, volumes and market value by house type
- residential sales volumes by price bracket
Upcoming release dates
Our quarterly statistics are published at 9.30am on the first working day in the second month after quarter end.
|Data for||Publication date|
|January – March 2021 ( 2020-21 quarter 4)||3 May 2021|
Following consultation with users, the calendar year residential market review will no longer be published as a PDF publication.
Calendar year information will continue to be published as spreadsheet tables in our quarterly statistics.
The first set of calendar year tables will be published on 3 February 2020 when the October to December 2019 (2019-20 quarter 3) quarterly statistics are published.
- calendar year residential market review: 2018 (pdf, 322KB)
- calendar year residential market review: 2018 - tables (xls, 182KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2017 (pdf, 398KB)
- calendar year residential market review: 2017 - tables (xls, 144KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2016 (pdf, 189KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2015 (pdf, 246KB)
- calendar year residential market review 2014 (pdf, 140KB)
The property market report is published annually. It looks back at the Scottish property market since 2003-04.
Update 2 July 2020: correction to previous version adding reference on page 19 to Scottish Borders having the lowest average new build price in 2019-20.
These statistics are not included in our regular releases.
User feedback survey
In Summer 2019, we ran a user feedback survey on the data and statistics we publish.
We are seeking feedback on our property data and statistics from users to help us improve our work. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments.