We published our 2020-21 Annual report and accounts today.
This report gives an outline of our key business activities and performance over the past financial year.
Despite beginning 2020-21 in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have worked hard to continue to deliver for our customers, citizens and the economy.
- building digital solutions so our customers could continue to use our services. This saw 94% of our applications being received digitally in 2020-21 – up from 38% in 2019-20
- supporting more Scottish start-ups through the Geovation Scotland accelerator programme by switching to deliver it remotely. To date, companies working with the programme have raised over £400k in additional funding, £150k of investment and created 15 jobs
- enabling 95% of colleagues to work remotely and ensuring that wellbeing support, IT and home office kit was available to all
- receiving almost 600,000 applications for registration with over 88% of registrations being completed in 20 days
- increasing our customer satisfaction score from 83% to 90% - our highest ever score
But, of course, there have been challenges too. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we haven’t progressed Land Register completion or cleared the arrear at the pace we would have liked. These are areas where we are refocussing our efforts for the year ahead.
Accountable Officer Janet Egdell said:
“The past year has been an incredibly difficult one but resilience, fortitude and creativity have helped us rise to the challenges.
“I am incredibly proud of the many ways in which we have managed to adapt and continued to deliver for our customers, the public and the Scottish economy. The progress that we have made shows what can be achieved with the dedication of RoS colleagues and continued support from our customers and stakeholders.
“I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported us throughout 2020-21 and I look forward to continuing to work together in the years ahead.”
Read the full 2020-21 Annual report and accounts.
There will be a one-off virtual event looking back at what we have delivered in 2020-21 on Thursday 30 September.