FOI Release: Corporate policies regarding business travel and reduction of emissionsPublished: 26 September 2023
Freedom of information class: How we deliver functions and services
Information request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA).
Documents2022 Green Travel Policy Redacted - (155.2 KB)
FOI reference: CW-2023-390
Date received: 9 September 2023
Date responded: 25 September 2023
1) Do you have a target to cut emissions from air and/or business travel? If so, please share information about any target(s) you have (e.g. description of the target, when the target was adopted, timeline to meeting the target).
2) Please provide copies of any corporate policy your organisation has on the reduction of emissions from business travel.
3) Please provide copies of any corporate policy your organisation has on the reduction of the use of air travel for business travel purposes.
4) Please provide details of the number of flights your staff have taken from Edinburgh & Glasgow Airports to London Airports for business purposes in the past 12 months (or your most recent 12 month reporting period) for travel to destinations within south-east England.
5) Please provide details of the number of rail journeys your staff have taken from Edinburgh & Glasgow railway stations to London railway stations for business purposes in the past 12 months (or your most recent 12 month reporting period) for travel to destinations within south-east England.
Please find the answers to your questions outlined below and in the attached document, ‘2022 Green Travel Policy_Redacted’.
Third party personal data has been redacted where appropriate in the attached document, as this is exempt under Section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA. This exemption applies because the release of this information would contravene the lawfulness, fairness and transparency principle of data protection legislation.
1) Details of our overall carbon reduction target, which includes business travel (including air travel), are publicly available on our website. We do not currently have a target specifically related to business travel (including air travel).
Find out more
If you have a question or query about FOI requests, you can email the information governance team at: FOI.Requests@ros.gov.uk.