Books of council and session

Published: 03 May 2021
Last updated: 19 May 2021

Guidance relating to Land Registration Digital Submissions and Sasine Digital Submissions.

If your deed needs to be recorded in the Books of Council and Session (for preservation or preservation and execution), you should:

  1. tick the box noting your deed requires recording in the Books of Council and Session
  2. then either:

  3. upload a covering letter as a supporting document
  4. upload the C&S1 application form as a supporting document

Once we have checked the deed, we will provide you with written confirmation that the deed is acceptable via email.

This written confirmation will also contain instructions on how to submit the physical deed.

Don’t post your original deed to us until we have written to you to confirm it is acceptable.

When you have received written confirmation, the original deed should be sent to the Register of Deeds via Royal Mail or DX Exchange courier network.

Royal Mail

Register of Deeds
153 London Road

DX Exchange courier network

Registers of Scotland
DX 555400
Edinburgh 15

Was this page helpful?