We’ll work with you to create data reports to suit your needs.
We can create tailored data reports, including:
- house price statistics by geographical area in Scotland or price ranges - you can also specify time periods
- postcode district/sector reports
- local authority area and registration county boundary reports
- constituency reports
- commercial sales reports
- creditor market share, showing volumes of securities per lender over a specific period
- creditor/FAS number reports showing details of applications submitted by a specific lender or firm of solicitors and the status of those applications - we can only offer this service to the specific lender or firm of solicitors involved
- reports based on customer-defined boundaries
Prices for initial bespoke reports start at £300. Exact prices will depend on your criteria.
Our data matching service is ideal for high-volume searches of our land and property registers.
This service matches your data and combines it with information from our registers to create a report tailored to your specific needs.
You can use this service to:
- confirm ownership details
- conduct bulk ownership searches of the land and sasine registers
- get details of all deeds to which a particular company was party
- find details of all standard securities in favour of a given lender
We provide title numbers or sasine search sheet numbers for all matches.
Use of this service is subject to our data matching terms and conditions.
Request a search
To discuss your requirements and start a search, please contact us via email.
Phone: 0131 528 3701
Data matching fees will depend on your search and the returns you require.
The typical fees are:
- £150 + VAT to set up a data matching report
- £150 + VAT to run each report
- £1.50 to £3 + VAT per line of data returned
If you do not provide data as required within our data matching template, we may charge an additional fee for sorting data into the appropriate format for searching.
The data matching service is only appropriate for searches of 20 names and addresses or more. For lower volume searches, contact customer services. However, please note that we can only provide lender searches via our data matching service.
A non-match for a bulk data search doesn’t necessarily mean your data is wrong or that there isn’t a match in our registers: several factors can lead to non-matches, including the spelling of names and addresses. The more information you provide, the better your results will be, but one wrong element may cause a non-match.
A search in the land register can include matches for pending applications for registration on the application record. Because applications may be cancelled, matches on the application record cannot be confirmed until registration is complete.
Land register matches will not include any removals from the title. For example, land register titles containing a Schedule of Exceptions will reflect the full address including the exceptions. A flag to highlight any such schedules can be provided for land register titles if required.
General register of Sasine
A search of the sasine register is more challenging than the land register. We can only complete sasine searches from 1997: anything earlier will require a manual search. We can’t provide ranking information for securities in the sasine register using data matching. This can only be provided by a manual search of the relevant search sheet.
A manual search
A manual search is still recommended over non-matches and this can be undertaken in a number of ways:
- Customers can search themselves using our ScotLIS
- RoS Customer Services can provide an additional searching service for individual names and addresses
- The search criteria can be changed – for example, just a name or an address rather than the associated name and address can be searched but this may lead to multiple hits that will require additional quality assurance