The sasine register is the oldest national public land register in the world, dating back to 1617.
Applications can now be submitted digitally.
Land and property information
Find out more about:
- registration fees
- recording a deed in the sasine register
- voluntary registering a sasine plot in the land register
If you have an online services login, you can register a deed in the sasine register using our responsive eForms.
If you don't have a login, use the Sasine application form (PDF, 809KB)
About the sasine register
Since the 1870s, properties in the sasine register have had chronological lists of deeds called search sheets.
Search sheets provide:
- a description of the title
- current and previous owners' names
- all recorded deeds that affect the title
- current and previous mortgage entries
- the price paid for each transfer or sale of the title
We may not be able to provide you with a plan for sasine-registered titles, but we will be able to provide you with a deed that contains the best boundary description of the property or area.
We’re replacing the sasine register with the map-based Land Register of Scotland.
You can still record some deeds, including:
- discharges of standard securities
- improvement grants
- guardianship orders
Find out more about Land Register Completion.
If you have an enquiry about the sasine register you can contact us.