Register Land and Property (RLP) is our online tool for discharging mortgage securities on the land register.
It replaces the paper-based process with a fully digital service that centralises the activities of solicitors, lenders and RoS in our online portal.
RLP allows you to discharge the whole of a standard security, registered over a single title.
If your security also covers another title on the land register or General Register of Sasines, you'll need to submit a separate discharge application.
Who can use RLP
RLP is designed for solicitors and lenders involved in the mortgage security discharge process.
Compared with the paper based service, RLP provides substantial benefits.
- more secure – delivers the highest level of security, reducing fraud risk through individual logins and digital signatures
- faster – fully digital system means no more paper or post, speeding up the process
- simple and intuitive – a step-by-step process involving very little manual input makes for a simple and speedy service
- more efficient – directly links with RoS data and systems, reducing risk of error and saving you time
- cost effective – a digital transaction is cheaper than a paper-based discharge
How it works
RLP is integrated with our existing online services portal.
A solicitor logs in and sends a request to discharge a deed to the lender. The lender confirms the discharge of the standard security directly to RoS, using secure Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technology.
The following lenders are already participating in the digital discharge service. New lenders will be added to the list very soon.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- National Westminster Bank, including National Westminster Home Loans
- Nationwide Building Society
- Virgin Money
- Scottish Building Society
- Clydesdale Bank, including Yorkshire Bank
- Adam & Company, part of the RBS group
- 1st Stop Home Loans
- Shawbrook Bank
- Optimum Credit
- Legal and General Home Finance
- The Mortgage Works
- First Direct
- Oplo HD Ltd
- UK Mortgage Lending Ltd
- CHL Mortgages
At present, lenders cannot accept digital discharges of securities for non-residential mortgages. Please submit these using the usual paper discharge process.
How to apply for access
Fill in our form to request access to our discharge service.
If your company does not currently have access to our online services, please register to access our business services.