Use this service to find a property's:
- date sold
- sale price
- description or boundaries on a plan
A search costs £20 plus VAT for one address or per area of ground.
Each additional title is £16 plus VAT, and this fee will be applied if your search covers an area of land with several titles.
How to search
First, search the address of the property on ScotLIS for free to find the title number. The title number can speed up the ownership search process and is issued to every title on the Land Register.
With the title number, you can order a copy of the title sheet.
If you’re unable to find the title number on ScotLIS, we can still provide a search.
What we need
You'll need to tell us the address.
If you don't know the address, you can include a plan or map showing the area or property.
The plan must include:
- an aerial view of the area
- nearby buildings or roads
- an outline around the area you want to search
You can use a free online map as long as it shows everything we need.
What you will get
You will get a copy of:
- the title sheet and title plan if the property is on the land register
- the search sheet if the property is on the sasine register
Find out more about what a search can and can't tell you.
In person search requests
You can also arrange a search request at our offices.
If you require:
- A search of the Registers of Inhibitions or the Books of Council and Session
- Multiple file types uploads (of any kind of file) in one search request
- A list of all properties owned by an individual
You will need to contact us to arrange this search.