Fees charged for most of our registration services will change on 1 April 2021.
Applications are registered the day after submission. This means the new fees will apply to applications submitted from midnight on 30 March onwards.
Registration fees are set by legislation. We continuously review these so they can be set at a level that ensures RoS covers its costs.
This is the first major revision to statutory fees since 2011.
Customers, professional bodies, and the Scottish Parliament support this change.
The fee change statutory instrument was agreed by Parliament on 10 March.
For further detail on why the fee review occurred view our consultation document.
Summary of approved changes
- Rejection and withdrawal fees on all Land Register applications
Remain at their current rate
- Crofting Register
- Register of Community of Interests in Land
- Chancery and Judicial Registers
- Advance notices
Fees for voluntary registrations will continue at a discounted rate.
- Land Register and Sasine statutory registration fees
- Statutory search fees for properties with an address
- Extract and Plain Copy Deed fees
Our fee review gives full details of these changes.
You can also view all of the fee changes together in our fee change overview.
Changes to some of our information products and services will also take effect from 1 April 2021.