You can search our registers to find information about any property or land in Scotland.
The register will determine the information we can provide about the property.
The information may include:
- the boundaries of the property
- the last selling price
- the current owners
- any existing mortgage details
- any conditions affecting the property
You can search the land register by postcode for free.
If your property isn't on the land register, you can ask us to conduct a search.
What we can't tell you
Our registers can’t tell you:
- who built a property, in most cases
- a phone number for a property's current owner
- how many bedrooms a property has
- details of alterations or building works on a property
We can tell you when the property was first registered, but not when it was first built.
We can only guarantee you’ll receive a plan if the property is registered in the land register.
We may not be able to provide you with a plan for sasine-registered titles, but we will be able to provide you with a deed that contains the best boundary description of the property or area.
We do not hold birth, death or marriage certificates. Request these from the National Records of Scotland.
For more information, get in touch with us using our contact form.