The Land Register is our main register and records ownership of land and property in Scotland. The Land Register is map based.
This offers greater certainty to:
- property owners
- potential purchasers
It is also beneficial to government, citizens, and the economy.
Latest figures for August 2023
- land that is in the land register
- current casework in progress at Registers of Scotland
- data that we have unlocked through Unlocking Sasines
|Percentage||% change from last month|
|Total land mass coverage||93.4%||+0.9%|
| Progress towards a functionally|
complete land register
Find out more about address coverage by visiting our page on functional completion.
You can view the data and information for:
- land mass coverage in Scotland
- maps of land mass coverage
- progress by local authority
- functional completion of the land register
- unlocking sasines