The Land Register is our main register and records ownership of land and property in Scotland. The Land Register is map based.
This offers greater certainty to:
- property owners
- potential purchasers
It is also beneficial to government, citizens, and the economy.
Latest figures for January 2024
- land that is in the land register
- current casework in progress at Registers of Scotland
- data that we have unlocked through Unlocking Sasines
|% change from last month
|Total land mass coverage
| Progress towards a functionally
complete land register
*The total number of functional addresses registered by RoS increases every month. However, due to the large number of new addresses in Scotland added by Ordnance Survey last month, the percentage of functional completion has remained the same from December to January
Find out more about address coverage by visiting our page on functional completion.
You can view the data and information for:
- land mass coverage in Scotland
- maps of land mass coverage
- progress by local authority
- functional completion of the land register
- unlocking sasines