What we do
RoS manages 21 land, property, and other legal registers, which are critical assets for the Scottish economy. The oldest register dates to 1617; our latest went live in 2022.
Critical asset for Scotland
We provide an essential service to the citizens of Scotland.
The integrity of our registers:
- supports the economy
- provides a publicly guaranteed system of rights
- gives certainty to citizens and institutions.
The data within our registers supports the public and policymakers in making important decisions about land and property.
- supporting the transition to net zero by identifying optimal wind farm locations
- finding out who holds the controlling interest in land.
Our vision is to be a digital registration and information business trusted for our integrity.
Our agile, in-house product development teams have created award-winning digital services. We use the latest cloud technology and artificial intelligence to enhance our security, accessibility, and sustainability.
At the core of our business are our colleagues and our customers.
We aim to be:
- forward thinking
- customer focused
We believe that by creating a more inclusive and equitable workplace, we can:
- better understand and meet the needs of the people we serve
- build trust and confidence with the public
- deliver more effective and responsive services.
We have an:
- Invest in People Gold Award
- We Invest in Wellbeing Gold Award
- Investors in Young People Silver Award
Work with us
This is a great time to work at RoS and help shape our next steps.