Diversity and Inclusion at RoS
Diversity and inclusion are integral to all we do as an organisation, starting with building diverse teams that reflect modern Scottish society.
We’re committed to:
- an inclusive working environment where everyone:
- feels equally valued and respected
- can communicate effectively
- can work to the best of their ability
- high-quality delivery on the needs of our diverse customer base
As an organisation, we embrace the diversity of all colleagues, respecting and valuing differences due to:
- gender identity
- sexual orientation
- transgender identity.
We employ people based on their merit, not their characteristics or background.
As a flexible employer, our roles may suit anyone who prefers a flexible arrangement to:
- help their work/life balance
- accommodate needs relating to protected characteristics
- support equality-related needs and circumstances.
Working with our Trade Union (PCS)
Our Trade Union, PCS, fully supports equality to make RoS an inclusive and welcoming organisation for our colleagues.
We work together to embed Fair Work in RoS, ensuring our colleagues:
- have an effective voice
- have opportunity
- have security
- have fulfilment
- are treated with respect.
We’ve made a commitment to employing disabled people under the Disability Confident Scheme. No one should be disadvantaged in our recruitment and selection processes because of their disability.
We’ll offer an interview to all disabled candidates who:
- meet the minimum role criteria
- indicate they wish their application to be considered under our Disability Confident Scheme.
Where roles attract a high volume of applicants, we may have to limit the number of interviews offered to disabled and non-disabled candidates.